Life is Good!

L i F E i s G O Pewter Uppercase Letter O Bead Letter D

Boys Read Jon Szcieska

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing 3 - RSS Feeds

RSS Feeds... I can see that they would be extremely useful for people who keep up to date on many different sites. It would also be great for students who are doing research on specific topics. They could find good sites and then sign up for the RSS to keep updated on new research. I don't usually spend much time online, therefore I subscribed to a few of the recommended blogs/feeds, as I have no favorite sites.I do read the SCTimes, but I didn't see an RSS feed, unless Ihave to go into a specific category, and then only get updates on that space... I need to work on this a bit more to understand it. I can see that all this info could become overwhelming and/or addicting. Personally, I think these tools can encourage sitting in front of the computer instead of doing something active. I know this tool is supposed to be time saving.... so I am going to give it a go!

1 comment:

LiberryGrrl said...

Ya know, I almost agree with you about the sitting in front of a screen. I think it's great that you're going to give it a try, perhaps you'll find something that will help you become more efficient so you can sit in front of the screen less!