Life is Good!

L i F E i s G O Pewter Uppercase Letter O Bead Letter D

Boys Read Jon Szcieska

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thing 16 - Student 2.0 Tools

The University of Minnesota Assignment Calculator is a great tool! When I taught 4th grade, we used planners to keep the kids organized. The assignment calculator is like a 4th grade planner on steriods! The optional reminders for each step in the research process will keep the student on task, and they won't tend to procrastinate... like I did on the last several Things! :)

I am very impressed with the number of tools/worksheets that are provided for both the teachers and the students. This site has everything you could ever ask for when teaching research skills, from topic-finding to refining an internet search, using seldom used boolean characters.

If I were an classroom teacher, I would use this site all the time! I will be certain to share this site with the English teachers at school. Actually, the Social Studies teachers do a lot of research projects, especially investigating controversial topics. I'm sure they would love this site as well!

I have to get back to learn more about this site at a later date!

No comments: