Life is Good!

L i F E i s G O Pewter Uppercase Letter O Bead Letter D

Boys Read Jon Szcieska

Friday, September 12, 2008

Thing 19 - Podcasts

I listened to a few podcasts - from MPR and the SCSU podcasts. I didn't realize that a person needs to download them. I thought it would just be streaming audio. I was at TIES a couple years ago when the media staff from Holdingford shared their daily news podcast. I think it is a fun way for kids to gain confidence in both participating in a news broadcast, as well as speaking to an audience, without having the "audience" right in front of them to make the kids nervous! I have done a live morning news show, which would be really fun to post online, but the audio only (podcast) would eliminate the concern for students privacy issues.

Is there a reason that the podcasts from MPR and SCSU have a video component to it? The screen "saver" was quite distracting. I suppose that if I really wanted to just listen to the podcast, I wouldn't be watching the screen anyway!

In the future, if I found a good podcast, it would be great to sign up for the RSS feed and listen to it on a regular basis.

No comments: